Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

switching from design to Form view details section dissappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProgrammingB52

Technical User
May 7, 2003
US
Hi I am working in design view, bounding textboxes and then when I switch to form view the whole page in the details pane is gone. Only the header shows,,,,help please....

Does the underlaying RecordSource contain data ?
Does the form allow additions ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

The underlying record source does not contain any data because it is a blank form and the data entered into my textboxes goes into the database, not the reverse--the records from the database which are currently blank are not to show up on the form. What I am doing is dragging fields from the field list onto the textboxes to bind the data into the database. It worked well with the form wizard, but now I have extra fields in my database that weren't there when I used the form wizard. I went into the properties from the view tab on the top access toolbar, added my new fields to the field list, dragged the new fields to unbound text boxes so that they are bound. Then the details pane dissappears in form view. I can't think of what I am doing wrong.

I figured it out, what happened was there was an incorrect table relationship, when I added the table to the fieldList, the page dissappeared because the relationship was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back