Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switching from Audix to Merlin Messaging on Magix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zink71

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2005
US
I have a friend w/ a Magix system from around 2002. We had Audix 1.1 hooked up and working fine. But the disk in Audix is now bad and audix VM will not start, although Linux starts OK. (I think we could clean the DB, but we have no avaya support contract). So , I was thinking about buying a used MM card and putting it in there. Does anyone know how you tell the Magix system a messaging card is in there ? If so, how does one access the MM interface ?

Install the Merlin Mail card and do a board renumber. The system will recognize the card. The rest is programming the extension ports of the new mail system in group 70 as well as removing the Audix ports from that group.

Oh, I see. So, MM will have a bunch of ports defined after the renumber. Then I just add/remove ports from that group. Does MM have a TCP/IP interface that can be managed, or do you have to manage it all thru prompts ?

Merlin Mail prompts
Merlin Messaging does have an ethernet port and software interface you can use.

ok, you have to buy software ? - doesn't just set itself up as a web server ?

Well, if you have a late enough Messaging (2.5 or later) and a late enough Magix (2.5 or later) you can use the CONFIG MER MESG feature in the SYSTEM part of SPM.

It takes LABELED extensions and puts them in Cover Grp 30, and creates the VM Group in 7929, and just does all the programming for you except for Auto Attendnats.

Zinc71

You can set it using Hyperlink to the RS232 port from the com port on your computer. 38/8/n/1 You will need a static IP address that you enter and of course the gate way. Then just connect it to your LAN, open the MM software and enter login and password..

You can also use a xover cable and go direct from a laptop right in.. LAN port laptop to LAN port Messaging with the xover cable.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back