Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

switching extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristen1

Technical User
Jun 16, 2006
US
One of our staff has moved offices but would like to keep her same extension, any ideas on an easy way to do this?

Use the Set Relocation option and then move the phone, it will keep the same extension

Or change it on the cross connects, or change the DN on the new set, there are a few ways, whichever is best for you!

awesome, I figured out how to use the set relocation and it worked perfectly! Thanks You!!!

Just be careful using set relocation, it can bit you in the Ass if your not careful.

I agree with Ace, if you are going to use Set Relo, turn it on, move the phones one at a time, then turn it back off. Also if you have a written database on site make sure you update the port to ext reference each time you move phone using Set Relo. If your system ever defaults, the written database could save alot of time reprogramming.

Dan Schollian

I agree with Dan. We had a fire that messed up our phone system, and I happened to have documented all the ports and extensions THE DAY BEFORE! We had the phone system back up in a day instead of what would have probably been a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back