Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switching CCNP Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlimit

Technical User
Jun 13, 2003
GB
I'm getting close to the point of taking the CCNP switching Exam, but I'm having trouble remembering all of the set based and IOS based commands. I'm not currently exposed to Cisco switches and I find when I take some of the 'Please enter the command' questions I enter the correct words but in the wrong order, which is realy no good to anyone.

Is there a technique anyone could suggest, or should I just try and wing it as long as there are not too many questions of this type.

when I took the switching exam I would say that I cant seem to remember many questions that required commands to be entered. There are no simulations in the soon to be retired switching exam.

I would compile a list of all the commands in the Sybex or Cisco book and learn them parrot fashion. The question will just cover the basic commaand format.

If you post your E-Mail address I will send you the list I used for my switching exam.

Regards

Ste1010

Thanks, could you send then to nicedinner@hotmail.com

I recently took the switching exam several weeks ago and I can say that I didn't get any questions that had you enter the command. All the questions that I got were "is it A,B,C,D.." kind.

One thing to add is to know your models and their capabilities. Which models are IOS and which are Set, which support IP telephone, etc.

-RCB-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back