Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switched processors on Aloha oh my!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2009
US
Ok, my name should say it all. I was told that we switched processors, from Lynksystems to Visanet, and now, Amex is being declined. I have been tasked with finding a solution to our problem. Any suggestions? We us Aloha v5.3.19, if that means anything or helps at all.

Did you called Amex and tell them the new information such as terminal id?

Also, make sure your new processor knows you will be accepting Amex, and under EDC-stop processing and go to Configure >> Cards, and make sure AMEX is assigned to VISANET as well.

Sooooo, I went to configure and followed the steps, I have visanet as the processor, however, I don't think the merch# or the auth#, under dialing properties, is accurate. Your instructions were easy to follow, alohaakamai3, can you walk me through the process of setting up visanet with the correct auth#'s that I will need.

Thank you,

dontknowdiddly

Hmm.. are you supposed to be processing through Amex directly for those cards? You will need to speak to processor about that. It may go directly to Amex for a cheaper rates, while the rest of your cards could be going through Visanet.

Odds are, if most of your cards are going through and you're only having issues with the Visanet, you're setting are correct. Either your process is not setup to take Amex, or your store has an arrangement with Amex to go direct through them and not Visanet.

ok, all helped out tremendously, and i did get amex to work.

here's another problem, the kitchen printer stopped working, nobody knows why, it worked the night before and the next morning it stopped, i tried to switch printers with one that is working but when i plugged it in, it didn't respond either. i reset the computer also and that didn't work. the message i get is that it's out of paper, which i did change.

what can i do???

The 'out of paper' message is usually caused by a communication problem. Swap your patch cables and connectors with working ones. If that doesnt work, move the printer to the terminal that drives it to see if the cable in the wall is bad.

Most commonly with kitchen printers this is a corroded "wall jack". Follow the patch cable (looks like fat phone cord) from the printer to where it plugs in. Look inside that jack. If the pins have any corrosion on them VERY gently scrape them clean with a small screw driver or whatever. If this is the case and the printer starts working this in only a stop gap as the corrosion will return. Replace the jack soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back