Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snooz

Technical User
Aug 3, 2001
US
I just switched from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002 for my default email program.

How can I transfer my Outlook Express Address book to Outlook 2002?

How can I set up Outlook 2002 to remove emails from the server when I check my email?

Outlook uses a .PAB file for the personal address book. Outlook Express uses a .WAB file.

--In OE go to file - export address book - microsoft personal address book.

In Outlook go and import the same from file - import/export.

--go to tools - email accounts - view/change existing email accounts - select email account - more settings - advanced - uncheck leave a copy of messages on server.

regards
MP

Murugs,

Thanks, but I think I might have messed this up. I exported Comma Seperated Values from OE and imported them into Contacts in Outlook. Now when I view my Contacts it shows all of my Contacts and my Personal Address Book entries. The big problem is when I try to sync my Palm it wants to add my Address Book entries into my Contacts folder in the Palm.

If I go to System Restore in XP will it take me back to a point before I added the Address Book entries into Outlook Contacts?

Or is there another way to undo this. Hope you can help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back