Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switched extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffandamar

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2003
US
Somehow I have managed to switch the programming on two of my phones. I had one set plugged in and then switched it out with another set to test the reason why I wasn't getting a dial tone and then I switched the first set back in.....now the programming on the two phone sets has switched completely.

How on earth do I get that back to the way it was? Do I turn set programming feature off on the system, move them back and then turn it back on so the features copy back??
What shoudl I do??

Jeff,
Hard to answer. There are many variables. Don't know what you know about programming. Try a copy from a set that matches programming of effected set.
Or check you system feature card as it explains button programming.
F*0 = button inquirey
F*1 = external auto dial
F*2 = internal auto dial
F*3 = feature code autodial

Etc

Cheers
PhM

Sounds like the auto set relocation feature was turned on (an abominable feature IMO). This allows one to swap set locations and have the programming follow the set. This also renumbers the ports involved which causes nightmares in the phone closet as now any labeling on the punch blocks is now inaccurate. Brian Cox
J & J Communications
brian@jandjcommunications.com

So in other words, swap the phones back in the same manner that you did the first time. Then do the following:

Feature * * 266344, 266344
Terminals&Sets - Press the lower right button that has lit up on your phone until you see
System Programming - Press the upper right button on your phone.
Hunt groups - Lower right until you see
Featr settings - Upper right
Back grnd music - Lower right until you see (quite a ways in there)
Set relocation: Y - Change that puppy to NO! MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

Thank you for the info. It worked...though my boss told me to turn that feature back on again after I was done. Either way things are back the way they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back