Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switchboards 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen_H

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2017
GB
Afternoon All!

Please can someone point me in the right direction of which overlay to use for looking at what numbers are actually dialed when a phone dials '0' for switchboard? We have several switchboards dotted around the county and I need to change which switchboard a certain part of the county dials.

Thanks

K

Go into LD 22 and print a DNB on 0 and post it back here

Hi KCFLHRC

REQ prt
TYPE dnb
CUST 0
DN 0
DATE
PAGE
DES

DN 0
TYPE CDP
STCD TSC

So what you are seeing is a Coordinated Dialing Entry. Go into LD 87

reg prt
cust 0
feat cdp
type tsc
tsc 0

then return through it and post back

Hello Karen

From your printout, "0" is a Trunk Steering Code (TSC). It means that there is probably some digit conversion carried out so that a different number is dialled.

The best thing to do is to print off the ESN data as shown in the following link

It's done in LD 86, and LD 87. You can also print of the required data in LD 90 and have a picture in excel of all the outgoing call data. There is a word doc guide in the link.

The change you need will probably be done in LD 86 under a DMI entry.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks for the above info, really appreciate your fast responses and helping a damsel in distress!

Maybe I should have mentioned that we have different zones and 6 SMG's scattered around the county. Presumably as I'm logged on to the CS1k core switch, it's just printing what happens when you dial '0' from a phone connected to there?

Zoned Based Dialing really complicates the matter, I'm out

Nooooooooo KCFLHRC! Come back! :)

Thank you, just doing it now FirebirdScrambler

I totally agree it's going to be a DMI entry but you are probably going to have to look at NRS also if using IP Trunks

Hi guys, just a quick update.... I managed to figure out what was going where by looking at XLST. I'm just looking at what happens when you dial a specific number (our emergency number) and where that routes to so that I can replicate it for a new site.

Phew! I need a drink! [upsidedown]

Hey, take the rest of the day off and drink one for me. I'm out in the snow doing fiber. [thumbsup2]

I should really, it's sunny here in the UK [bigglasses]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back