Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switchboard question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

usfpjc

MIS
Jan 1, 2002
US
Created three "outstanding looking" switchboards. The first one showing data entry forms, the second and third showing reports.

When I call the forms from the switchboard, although I have 357 records, the forms are "blank", pointing to the first "empty" record, ready for data entry.

When I don't use the switchboard, and call the form directly, then the real situation comes into view, showing that I am positioned at record one (1) of 357 records.

What may I be doing wrong ?

Perhaps your switchboard is setting the forms Data Entry property to Yes???

Twinmill: Thank you for directing me to a place where the correction could be made.
The setting should have been "edit mode" and not "add mode" as I had it set.

I changed the mode to "edit mode" and the problem was solved.

Thanks a million.

While not being very talented in Access, I have run across something like this before. When setting up the switchboard, you will have the option of which form you want to open as well as how you want it to open, such as open in add records, edit records, etc and etc. By opening the form in edit mode, it will show all of your records. If you open the form in add mode, it will always show that there are no previous records as you only have add access.

I hope this helps and is not way off base.

Sandman

Doh!
It appears as though I took too long to post my reply (darned slow typing skills)!
Sorry to be late, but glad you got the problem solved.

I created a problem when my access database when I placed a password on the database that also utilized a switchboard.
Before the password I was able to bypass the switchboard and make changes. With the password I am no longer able to bypass the switchboard. Does any one have any suggestions?

After you type your password and before you press the Enter key, maybe you can get inside by holding the Shift key down while pressing the Enter key.

If not, you could create a new database and import all your objects into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back