Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switchboard Manager Can't Find Table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LindaLou

Technical User
Feb 3, 2001
US
Hi All,
My Switchboard Manager cannot find the table "Switchboard Items" even though it plainly exists under the tables tab. I have been working between two copies of the database and have copied tables, forms back and forth between the two. Now I cannot get the Switchboard Manager to open..states "Microsoft Jet Database Engine cannot locate the Switchboard Items table" I know I can edit the actual Switchboard Items table if needed to add my selectons..but the Manager is much easier. How can I get the Manager to find my table? I looked at the hidden systems tables and saw references to the Switchboard Items table along with a ParentID field.. but was too chicken to mess around in the hidden files!

Hi LindaLou,
I recall a problem like this once. I did one of two things: Rename your SB table "X". Copy/Paste it back and carefully name the copy "Switchboard Items". Try it. No Sucess? Delete your copy. Let the SB Manager make you a new one, but add nothing to it. Open your "X" table, copy the entire contents by clicking on the top left corner to first select, then paste into the new table again, by clicking top left to select everything again. This should work for you! Gord
ghubbell@total.net

Thanks Gord
I tried a variation of your suggestion and it worked. My database is split and even deleting and recreating the Switchboard Items table in the backend.mdb did not work. I had to create a new Switchboard Items table in the frontend and then pasted all the data from my copy into that one. Now I can use Switchboard Manager from the Frontend.mdb. I guess the switchboard should have been in the frontend anyway.

Thanks for the help,
LindaLou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back