Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switchboard form question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandJT

Technical User
Jun 23, 2004
US
I have a database that is on my C drive that I deal with all week, adding, deleting, updating. Anyway, our company has a network drive as well. For security reasons, I added a switchboard that has two reports on it and posted that in the network drive and it gets updated once a week. When a user logs on to the main network system there is a link for my switchboard. My question is this: When a user clicks on this link and my switchboard opens is there any way that I can code it to where only the switchboard form opens, not the whole background of microsoft Access? Anybody understand what I am trying to say and is this possible or not?

I don't know if this is what you mean, but you can hide the database window.... under tools startup there is a check box for "Display Database Window".

If you do not have it checked when the database opens it will only show the form selected. Though users can easily unhide the database window by selecting "Window - Unhide".

hope that helps.

I'll try that and let you know. Thanks a lot!!

Nope, that didn't do what I wanted it to. When my form is updated on the network drive, the database window is already hiden. What I wanted it to hide was Access's window itself, with the toolbars and things. So when a user clicks on the link to open my switchboard form from the network system only my switchboard forms opens not the ugly background of access. Does this make sense?

I understand what you are asking now - sounds like you need some type of "full screen" function on the form..... but unfortunately don't know how to make it happen.

Best of luck to you!

Hi

OKay my problem is twofold.

1. I want to start my forms up without showing any of the access toolbars etc or the blue acess bar at the top.

2. Now I ma pretty lucky here in that I have a copy of my database and have not carried out to much work just two new forms before I tried this..
Tools
startup
and I unclicked all the menu boxes etc#
now when I start up my database all I get is a blank grey box no toolvbar but no database either I've hidden it and there seems no way back in.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Can someone plaese tell me how to get rid of access details when opening up a form so that users cannot see the platform.
i.e the blue bar and so on .

2. can i get my database back from this invisible state or should i just strt on the copt
thanks

Have you looked into MDE? Or perhaps, you may want to consider using a custom toolbar.

To get back your database, try opening your database while holding down the shift button.

Hi,
Have a look at thread 702-906984 - I found it very useful. You also need to select your opening form on the Startup options - and you can code a DoCmd.Maximize event procedure on the On Open event in that form's properties.
HTH.
Cheers,
Bob.

can i get my database back from this invisible state
Keep the Shift key depressed when you open the database.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back