Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switch between BNC to DIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveB42

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2002
US
In UNIX system V, we are trying to force our network card to switch from the BNC connector to the DIX connector (9pin to Cat5 converter). No luck so far... any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Steve,

I can't speak to Sys V necessarily, but normally there is a flat ASCII configuration file and/or a utility to choose which interface gets used.

What NIC is it? And what OS specifically, there may be someone out there who knows for your hardware/software combo.

This has got to be some OLD hardware.

pansophic

Thank you pansophic! Discovered how to set it up by accident. Was going to take out the NIC card to see if there were jumpers -- I powered of the box and it's SCSI external tape drive, checked the card and didn't find any jumpers. So I powered on the box (a 386 running AIX Unix for PC) and because I forgot to turn on the tape drive a config menu popped up, and lo and behold there it was, how to configure the NIC card. Yes, very old stuff, government contracts don't get rid of much if it still can be made to work.

:)

Thanks again for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back