Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

switch administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmidanm

IS-IT--Management
Dec 23, 2004
US
For some odd reason, at the console, the only key that seems to work is the arrow keys (which highlight lines/options) or the Home key (end). Cannot make any selection even using the arrow keys-- enter does not do anything F keys dont work. Whats going on? Is something toggled off?

First of all, were you able to program from the console before? If so, verify your connections. If your console is too far away from the PBX, it may have been hooked up to a -48VDC power supply and your power strip may have been accidently switched off. If this is your first attempt to program from that position, you may have to verify that it is designated to be the programming console. If you have access to SPM and a PC, goto System> Exit> System> SProg Port and verify that your console extension number is set up to be the programming extension.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear, I'm trying to administer from the actual computer terminal, which used to work fine.

Are we talking about the WinSPM software running on a PC? F-Keys are functional within this sofware, but not the arrow keys. WinSPM is a console emulator that is used to configure Legends and Magix PBXs.

When you use the word "terminal", it makes me wonder if you're talking about an AT&T 513 or 4410 SAT (system access terminal).

If you are indeed using WinSPM, then I suggest rebooting your PC. It sounds like something glitched in RAM. Your keyboard should work just as easily (or poorly) in WinSPM as it does with any other software.

Yes, it is a PC. And, yeah.. F-keys are functional still in part of the menus, but not SysProg. (it used to work fine). I'm trying to 'relabel' extensions. SwitchAdministration/menu/ after that all I have is a small black window with all of the blue & turquiose boxes below. Only thing I can do then is either hit 'home/end' or highlight the blue boxes, which does nothing.

Have tried doing the relabeling from the operator station, but the only letters available are A-F nothing more.

Frustrated....

You're running the DOS version.

Alt-P will erase the current name.

On the console phone, A-F are on the screen, G-Z are on the line buttons below. Take off the desi's if it is an MLX-20L, or flip them over if it is a 4424LD+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back