Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switch 2924C-EN-XL doesn't boot properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

yemaya

Technical User
Sep 13, 2006
CA
Hi guys.

i bought a switch a very low price from a friend but i got this message when it boot up:

C2900XL Boot Loader (C2900-HBOOT-M) Version 12.0(5)XU, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)Compiled Mon 03-Apr-00 17:20 by swati starting...Base ethernet MAC Address: 00:02:fd:d4:04:80Xmodem file system is available.Initializing Flash...flashfs[0]: 1 files, 1 directoriesflashfs[0]: 0 orphaned files, 0 orphaned directoriesflashfs[0]: Total bytes: 3612672flashfs[0]: Bytes used: 4096flashfs[0]: Bytes available: 3608576flashfs[0]: flashfs fsck took 4 seconds....done Initializing Flash.Boot Sector Filesystem (bs:) installed, fsid: 3Parameter Block Filesystem (pb:) installed, fsid: 4 The system is unable to boot automatically because thereare no bootable files to boot.
switch:

i can't do much fron there so, i need help with this, how i can put this baby to work or the swith in not good ??.

Thank you guys.

Type the following commands:

flash_init
dir flash:

If you see a .bin file type boot flash:FILENAME.bin and that might solve your problem. Most switches I've found that didn't load an IOS, had an IOS, but the boot loader was never told what to load. (This happens on older switches often after an IOS upgrade.)

If you don't have any .bin files, then you will need to load one via the console port and xmodem.

Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back