Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Swf's into Screensavers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ha1ls45

Programmer
Feb 20, 2005
US
Hi,
Does anyone know how to turn .swf's into Screensavers? I found a bunch of software on downloads.com, but they insert advertisements into your screensaver. Does anyone know of a free trick to do this??

Ha1ls45

Thanks,
Ha1ls45

And...when you say to create a "Projector" - that means just creating an .exe strait from flash? :)

Ha1ls45

Thanks,
Ha1ls45

Sounds good - thank you so much!! :)

Thanks,
Ha1ls45

I like the idea of creating a Projector and renaming it to a .scr.....I tried this though, and it didn't work for some reason. It does show up in my screensaver list - but, when I choose it, just a white flash player pops up with nothing in it. What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Ha1ls45

ha1ls45,

Windows SCR is nothing more than renamed EXE. However, you're right! I've just tried it myself and it launches blank player. There must be something in the Flash which is preventing displaying the content. It'd be interesting to find out what, but meanwhile this technique is no good. Sorry!

(If you wrap your SWF up with Director, renaming EXE to SCR works. So perhaps Flash needs to be wrapped up in another EXE in order to work as SCR. Security feature, perhaps?)

Kenneth Kawamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back