Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Swf works offline, but not online - Please help???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2001
US
Ok, so I purchased and downloaded the "Quick 3D Carousel AS2" from UltraShock (
When I view the swf on my local machine, it works just as it should. But when I upload it to the server, only the background on it works, none of the images in the carousel work.

All of the images defined in the xml file are uploaded to the proper place on the server, the xml file is uploaded where it's supposed to be, but online it just won't work.

I have been looking online for days and I've seen a zillion posts on this, but can't seem to find a solution that works for me. I have uploaded the swf in both ascii and binary with no luck, have checked the export settings in Flash with no luck.

I am stumped, and would REALLY, REALLY, REALLY appreciate some help from someone. I am about to pull my hair out!

I uploaded the files to my server. You can download it at To view the swf online in the php page, go to The swf is placed in the box under the logo. As you can see, the swf loads, but the images don't.

On a separate note, I am not a Flash wiz, but I am usually ok at editing already created files (not too great at starting from scratch), and would really like to figure out how to change the speed of this carousel to be a little slower. Unfortunately unlike other carousels I have downloaded, the speed is not controlled in the xml file, but I would imaging the fla file itself. Can anyone help me figure out how to change the speed in the file? I have looked all over in the scripting in the fla and can't see where to change it. Any help with that would also be greatly appreciated.

Hope to hear from someone soon. Oh, BTW I am using Flash CS4 if that helps.

Thanks so much!

K, I fixed the speed. it was the factSpeed setting in the slideshow.as. Now I just need to figure out why it won't display on my server. Other people say it works fine on their server and that it must be a server-side issue, but I have uploaded numerous other swf's to the same server and they all work just fine. This is the only one that doesn't. So I thought there's no way it can be a server-side issue, but if it works on others servers, then I just don't know. Now I am even more confused???

BTW, thank you SO MUCH for replying thus far! I REALLY appreciate it!!!

And...... thinking about that, I just uploaded a different swf file to that site and renamed it carousel.swf after uploading it, and it works just fine, so it can't be a server-side issue right????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back