Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Swf - mySQL - PHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

shop73

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2007
BA
How can I put the flash, music, videos into my database and call them from the database?

You don't, storing BLOBS and retrieving them is extremely server resource intensive.

store them on the drive and pull the path & filename from the database.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Woo Hoo! the cobblers kids get new shoes.
People Counting Systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I put images in database like web.gif and I call it with query in DW8. This work but when I put swf file in database and I call it with <?php echo $row_rsDescription['imagePath']; ?> dont works.

This is code for swf file in imagePath field of database:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase=" width="536" height="135">
<param name="movie" value="flash/web.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<embed src="flash/web.swf" quality="high" pluginspage=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="536" height="135"></embed>
</object>

Chris can You write one sample about this thread?

table Multimedia

mmID: 1, 2
mmName: web, flash
mmDesc: web is..., flash is...
mmPath: global\images\web.jpg, global\flash\flash.swf

Can You make this table in database and make php page wich will display at the same place different mmPath over pass URL parametar?

You don't need the entire HTML object code in the database

personally I would have this
Code:
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="[URL unfurl="true"]http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0"[/URL] width="536" height="135">
    <param name="movie" value="[b]$path[/b]" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <embed src="[b]$path[/b]" quality="high" pluginspage="[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"[/URL] type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="536" height="135"></embed>
  </object>
in a include file, then use

Code:
<?
$path = $row_rsDescription['imagePath'];
include("include_code_file")
?>
so the included file uses the value of $path as the URL of the swf in both <object> & <embed>

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Woo Hoo! the cobblers kids get new shoes.
People Counting Systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back