Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

swf in keyframe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaRedneck

Programmer
Oct 25, 2004
US
hello. I am new to flash. I followed a tutorial online that showed me how to make a simple movie that when you press a button a sound plays, and when you press it again, it stops playing. This is working perfectly. My problem is that I want to put this movie inside of another one. What I tried doing was to import the .swf into the library and then drag in onto the stage into a new keyframe. The movie shows up, but it just loops forever and doesn't function.

What is the proper way to include a .swf file into a different movie???

-
"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." Robert E. Lee

create an empty movie clip and place on the stage. give it an instance name (myClip, say). then add to main timeline

myClip.loadMovie("some.swf");

thanks. I thought it would be something simple.

-
"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." Robert E. Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back