Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

swedish charachters disapers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob2

Programmer
Jul 3, 2000
SE
Hi

I sometimes have trouble with eudora 5.2 showing the correct characters in the mail I recieve. Sometimes the special characters that the swedish language have (å, ä , ö) are displayed with (a,a,o).

Have anyone else seen this, and how should I resolve this.
The weird thing is that this doesn't happend all the time from a specific sender..

/M

Can't be certain, but try updating Quicktime to the latest version, and making sure that you have IE6.0 SP1, The people at Eudora tell me this resolves some issues.

Thats weird... do you know what quicktime and IE has to with that?

Regards

M

I also have a problem with Eudora 5.2 showing the Euro symbol (€) as a caret (^). However, that's probably of no interest to a Swedish person!

Hi, Sorry this is not a solution, but another case of the same problem: this time using a Mac under OSX 10.2.6, with Eudora 5.2 in sponsored mode. Swedish characters are substituted with garbage. The IE 6 issue doesn't hold as we only got to 5.2 before Msoft pulled the plug on Mac development - any ideas would be gratefully received!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back