Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SWC 4.5 SU04 -Unable to activate reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

atascoman

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
US
Has anyone ran into this. I can schedule the report, but it will not allow me to activate it. I am attempting to have the report output to a network share. The SWC server is on the domain and can map a drive to the shared folder.

Does SWC have the rights to "wright to that folder", SWC might only have "Read access"

Killian

I found that the IUSR_SWC user account was not set to anonymous access. After that was set I was able to get the reports to activate. Now the issue is I can schedule stuff, but the system won't output the reports to the network folder or print them either.

I can manually export and print them to the desired location, but the automated process via the scheduler will not export or print. Does the IUSR_SWC account need access to those folders for this to work?

yep, it has to have the rights also!

Cheers,

Killian

I am having the same issue. However my SWC server is not on the domain. I have mapped a network drive on the server using my credentials and can access the folder from the server but can not get reports to export there. Do I have to add this server to the domain?

I added the server to the domain and after adding the TsInternetuser account to the server based on the Nortel docs I was able to print. I can export files to the webserver but not on the network. Nortel has yet to give me a straight solution on this problem.

First posting ever, so please pardon any errs on my part

We are a relatively new SCCS 5.0 with SWC 4.5 user. We have not been able to schedule reports since install, but we are able to run reports ad hoc.

When we try to schedule a brand new report, the system responds "cannot active the job, job has already actived" (not my spelling).

When I go to the scheduled events area, the report is there - status inactive and without next and last run time It will not let me activate it.

I don't know if this is related to this group of postings but any ideas are appreciated. Our vendor thinks we should rebuild and reinstall the web server which I'll leave for a last resort.

Thanks tonyrico

No, the server is probably fine. I had this same exact problem with the system I was installing. Refer to the post regarding the IUSR_SWC account. Also another gotcha you may encounter is not being able to have the reports schedule and print/export to a PC. If you encounter this, try adding a local account on the PC with the username iceadmin and give it the same password as the iceadmin account on the SWC server. You may need to give it admin rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back