Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Swapping phones - VM doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havokmon

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2002
US
Hi all,

I'm running a Norstar PLUS NT7B53. I have two users. One has an 'operator' phone, one has a standard digital phone. So I physically swapped their phones, physically changed the ports in the back. This, obviously, gave them each other's extensions. Then I went in and did a Change DN, swapping their DN's. This seems to have worked fine, except their Voicemail boxes aren't changed. They seem to be tied to the original port somehow, rather than the DN. The Extensions are 4835 and 4839.

I've removed and recreated their VM boxes. If I can 4835, I can leave 4835 a message, and the person at 4835 can retrieve it. If I want to forward a message to 4835, it ends up in 4839's VM box.

I've also disabled and re-enabled the ports on the phones themselves from the Maintenance menu.

I have 10 years on a F9600, and the Norstar makes no sense to me whatsoever - I really do feel for you guys programming this thing with a 2 line display ;)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Rick

delete mb..turn off autoset relocation..reboot system and vm...rebuild mboxes

In VM admin under Mbox check the extention assigned to the Mailbox. It messed it up because of the DN change. Not set Relo.

If you swapped the phones and moved the xconnect, there DN should have followed there phone.

The set relo was off before I moved the phones. I've 'run' this PBX for 6 years - though we don't change much of anything. Turning off Set Relo was one of the first things I did.

I had thrown a NIC in the OS/2 box, and am using the Windows Client for VM. Already deleted/recreated VM boxes, making sure they match the extensions. I verified it through the keypad interface as well.

The DNs did move with the phones, but then I did a change DN because I needed the DNs to stay with the people (I needed phyiscal phones to move, not people or DNs).

Still haven't tried the full reset.

Was cleaning out my inbox and saw this thread. Just posting a follow up that restarting the PBX and voicemail made the change work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back