Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Swapping out a TN2501 Announcement board

Status
Not open for further replies.

S8700Girl

Technical User
Sep 29, 2005
US
I need to swap out a TN2501 announcement board tonight because the other one is having problems and it was determined by AVaya that it is on the board.

My question is do I need to busy out the board before I remove it. Then when I put the new one in, release it? I had done a backup of the announcements previously before.

I am doing this tonight so if someone reads this, please advise asap. Thanks.

No need to do the busy/release. You may want to check that there are no announcements on the replacementr board prior to restoring your announcements. From ASA you can do 'list directory board xxyzz /annc'.

Kevin

What if the board has a minor alarm on it? Would busying it out be better for the whole system? I do not want to pull the whole phone system down taking it out when it is in alarm state?

^^^ Kevins right just hot-swap it out if your system goes down because of that then you probably have bigger fish to fry....you will need to busy out the board to clear announcements if the replacement has any on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back