Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Swapping JPanels

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealDels

Programmer
Jul 26, 2001
AU
Hi, I'm building a FiloFax program to store everyday needed information.

I've subclassed JPanel into a JPanLogon, JPanAddress, JPanBookmarks. Each of which is JPanel with text boxes etc that captures information I use daily, they all look different and store different information.

I was using them in my FiloFax program, having a JComboBox at the top and a JPanel below. Depending on which type of information was chosen to be looked at in the combo, the JPanel below would be assigned to either of my subclasses.

Problem :
I can assign one of my subclasses to this JPanel during the constructor with = new JPanLogon() etc.
However, I can't dynamically change this, ie in the JComboBox change algorithm, I have tried,
= new JPanAddress(); which doesn't produce an error but it doesn't diplay the other JPanel.
Why ???

+ Is using one JPanel as the housing for one of a set of JPanel subclasses or objects the best way or should I create multiple JPanel objects in the same place and toggle the view attributes on them ?

You must use CardLayout=> u can display any Panel u want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back