Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Swapping Extensions using Web Manager 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle Pros

Vendor
Apr 26, 2024
US
Is it possible to SWAP extensions using the IP Office Web Manager?

yes, as long as you reboot the system afterwards and they are not IP phones.
You can only swap digital and analog extensions as IP phones remember their own extension and log in as such.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

If you swap a digital station, you can log the phone out (*36) and log it back in with the new extension.
If the phone is an IP phone you would have to log into the phone and log it completely out and log back with with new extension.
As stated above, if you just log the phone in, i.e. hotdesking. The phone will log back into the original extension after a reboot.

Are you referring to the manager program or to the web page based program?

I tried doing a swap with two extensions on the web-based manager program 9.1 and I was not able to swap both extensions at the same time like you can do with the manager program where you highlight two extensions and then right click and then select swap.

In Web Manager, you have to do a 3-step swap.

Renumber Extension A to a placeholder extension number
Renumber Extension B to what Extension A used to be
Renumber Extension A (the Placeholder extension number) to what Extension B used to be

Example, Ext. A is 7011, Ext. B is Ext. 7012
Renumber 7011 to 8888, renumber 7012 to 7011, renumber 8888 to 7012

Go to each phone and dial *36. The first phone you do it to will drop to "No User". Dial *36 on the 2nd phone, it will come back with the new extension number, and the first phone will come back with its number as well.

In the actual Manager program, you can have the extension number exist twice, it just throws an error until you make the 2nd change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back