Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Swapping Extension on SV8100 and DT300 but won't transfer from auto attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndroidKen

IS-IT--Management
Oct 12, 2023
US
So I've been left to run a whole campus alone while we find a new IT admin. I have messed with this system a bit(adding extension or changing them but only voip). Anyways my issue is...

We had someone in HR move to an office next to her old office and she wanted to keep her ext. That's fine. I swapped the extensions for each port in web portal. One in the new office works fine The extension rings and everything. However, the old office phone shows the correct extension on the NEC DT300(it's using old copper lines(MLT) in this building). But when you call the main number and enter the other extension, it just loops back to the beginning of the greeting. And if you try to check that extension's VM, you get a message that it's busy. What am I overlooking? The other extension and voicemail is working fine. Any help is appreciated! If I can't find a solution here, I guess I'm going to start looking for someone that handles this old PBX. :)

Thanks!
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back