Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Swapped out Sony LIB-162/A4 for same one and now only one drive works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickrune

Technical User
Dec 12, 2006
US
I had a hardware issue and sent in for an RMA for the Sony StorStation LIB-162/A4 tape library to be swapped out. Yesterday I swapped out the two tape libraries and transferred over the extra tape drive, so there are 16 slots and 2 drives vs 1 drive stock.

After that, I've been unable to get the 'stock' tape drive to function. The one we put in works fine but I'm not sure if it is a driver thing or not. When I go into the configuration wizard and pull up the tape library devices this is what I see, I think its bad.

What should I do to make sure that the library will function properly?

I just installed the most recent library drivers into my Windows 2k3 server system because it was being registered as a device with no drivers (although it was backing up fine with one drive, weird huh?)

Thank you,

Rick

Also should note: Veritas 10d

And when I try to do "Clean Drive Sony 5" (drive 1) I get this error: Final Error: 0xe000810b - Physical Volume Library Drive not found.

Any chance that both drives have the same SCSI address?

Sony 5(Port: 5, Bus: 0, Target ID: 1, Lun: 0)
Sony 6(Port: 5, Bus: 0, Target ID: 2, Lun: 0)

Does that answer your question? Or should I look somewhere else?

Is that where BE thinks they're at, or have you set that on the drive?

When you boot the machine, the SCSI controller should come up and display every device it can see. Are both drives listed, as well as the library?

That is where BE thinks they are and that is where they are set on the tape drive physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back