Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Swap TNs between two phones? 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbsarge

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2001
US
I have 2 users that are switching offices but want to keep the same extensions. How can I swap the TNs since I can't get at the wiring closet to just switch the wire pairs? Both phones are 2616s.

Thanks in advance.

We are making the assumption that none of these are ACD sets. I didn't notice anyone making a note of that as most of us usually do.

Just to be safe, make sure you don't do this to ACD sets. It could make for a bad day. Those should be out'd and rebuilt fresh....the good old fashined way.

you type faster then us mortels, i use merge to move 300 in about the same amount of time..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

is there a way to have more than one person log onto a PBX, currently on our system only one person one session

sure in load 17 chg ovly

Code:
REQ  prt
TYPE ovly

OVLY
  SID  722
  BKGD 044
  PBXH X
  TODR 01
  DROL 030 034 036 038 043 044 045 060 135 137
 [COLOR=red] MULTI_USER ON [/color]

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

apparently in ld 17 it does not accept prt

the print is in ld 22, the chg is in load 17

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

here is what i have on ld22
REQ prt
TYPE ovly

OVLY
SID 2728
BKGD 044
PBXH X
TODR 00
DROL 060 135 137
MULTI_USER ON

yet i cannot connect more than one user

if you have dual com ports built, multi users should be able to log in with unique or teh same passwords. some ld's block a second user from going to a load.. if i am in 95 doing a name you can't get in ld 11, but you could do a stat x x x x, in ld 32

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You shouldn't ask a totally new unrelated question in an existing question. you shound start a new thread.

ace is right, your question may get overlooked when it's part of a post that has already been addressed. most of us watch for new questions and address those, time constraints don't always allow us to revisit older post

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Back to the original discussion. ArchTelecom, when you say ACD sets, do you mean ACD hunt groups? Sorry, my forte isn't PBX's, but we're about to move to another office and using the mov command will definitely help. We do have several hunt groups configured, and about half of the phones are in at least one hunt group. Can you be kind enough to explain an ACD set and what makes those different from a regular extension? Much appreciated.

What is a ACD hunt Group, I never heard of it.

Just prt the TNB and if key O has ACD ???? after it than it's an ACD Phone.

All suggestions regarding the MOV command are great however, be careful or better yet, do not use the MOV command on analog phones (There was a Nortel Bulletin that came out regarding using the MOV command - they're suggesting not to use the MOV command for it causes major corruption on your sofware). Good luck

kring... do you have that bulletin number or a link,, i use the mov command, along with two other techs on this site plus a few 100 other bs techs every day.. hundreds of times a week, if not more... i have never even read about a DOCUMENTED case of corruption caused by the mov command since rls 16.. and back then i didn't have white hair and great grand kids... i have worked on switches with zero maint, that did an ini on a mov command.. not because of the command, because sets were not disabled at midnights, and 500 sch codes a day were never fixed.. the cpu can't process another command.. the ram fills up... the same ini would have happened with a new 23 command in ld 14...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back