Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Swap attn. console to a 4621

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgines

Technical User
Apr 11, 2006
US
We want to change the attn. console to a 4621 with a EU24 side car and remove the attn. but still have people to dial 'zero' to reach the operator. Anyone done that before?

Create an Attendant Vector VDN on the tenant form, then step 1 in the vector (or step 2 if you put a wait step in) route-to number: "xxxx" with coverage y if you want it to cover, or coverage n if you want it to ring continuously...

xxxx will the be extension of the 46xx phone.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

I was able to set up the phone...but need to know how to make the new 4621 the operator zero so wehn employees press zero the operator (on the new 4621 phone) will answer.

Did you create the VDN and Vector?

Thanks,
98C

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Did you change your dialplan analysis?

from 0 attd
to 0 ext

and make your vdn extension 0?

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

I should mention we have 15 attendant locations and I am working on att.#7. Because any changes made to the dial plan would affect all the attendants....we are telling everyone to reach their operator by dialing her 5 digit extension directly. However, I do need to figure out how to change mis-directed calls to that region from going to that operator console and go to her new 4621 extension. I did not make her new # the number of the console...that might be an option?????

I wouldn't change the dialplan to accomplish this...

Just to confirm, your screens look like this? (Tenant 9 is just and example.) Also, be sure your phones are in the correct tenant.

Code:
 [b]change tenant 9                                                 [/b]Page   1 of   2

TENANT 9

Tenant Description: DENVER

Attendant Group: 9

Ext Alert Port (TAAS):

Night Destination:

Music Source: 9

Attendant Vectoring VDN: 336-8371

DISTINCTIVE AUDIBLE ALERTING
             Internal: 1   External: 2   Priority: 3
                       Attendant Originated Calls: external

COS Group: 9

Code:
 [b]change vdn 3368371                                              [/b]Page   1 of   2
                            VECTOR DIRECTORY NUMBER

Extension: 336-8371
                                 Name*: Denver Attd
                           Destination: Vector Number        900
                   Attendant Vectoring? y

COR: 9
                                   TN*: 9
                              Measured: none

Code:
 [b]display vector 900                                              [/b]Page   1 of   6
                                  CALL VECTOR

Number: 900              Name: Denver Attd
Multimedia? n      Attendant Vectoring? y    Meet-me Conf? n           Lock? y
     Basic? y   EAS? y   G3V4 Enhanced? y   ANI/II-Digits? y   ASAI Routing? y
 Prompting? y   LAI? y  G3V4 Adv Route? y   CINFO? y   BSR? y   Holidays? y
 Variables? y   3.0 Enhanced? y
01 wait-time    0   secs hearing silence
02 route-to     number 336-8300          with cov y if unconditionally
03 stop

336-8300 would be the extension of the 46xx IP Phone.

Trace the call when they dial zero. This may shed some light on what's happening.

Thanks,
98C

Yes, this is how it all looks. I am looking into anoter solution.

In my opinion (and this is how I do it for 30 LSP/ESS sites), this is the best/easiest method. If you trace a station at a remote location, what does it show when you press the 0 key?

Thanks,
98C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back