Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SVCMgr.exe cannot be started 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jehanzebn

Programmer
May 28, 2001
Morning all,

I have stupidly updated the ODBC connection drivers from SAP Portal for my Crystal Reports Server 2008 and after a reboot I can no longer run the server. Whenever I try to run the Central Configuration Manager I get the following error.

SvcMgr.exe Entry point not found

The procedure entry point?CanStackDump@SLogger@CXLib400@@SA_NXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library CXLibw-4-0.dll

Any Ideas what it means and how to resolve this?

I have copied cxlibw-4-0.dll and cxlib-4-0.dll from programfiles\businessobjects to C:\windows\system32 however it did not resolve the issue.

when I tried to repair it, it gave me the following error.

cms.exe Entry point not found
The procedure entry point?ShouldAssert@CXLib400@@YA_NPBD@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library CXLibw-4-0.dll

I don't know what is going on here. Could someone please help me on this.

Strangely enough the Service for this is running under services.msc but Central Management console cannot be open.

Please help.

Regards

Jehanzeb

Hi,

It appears you might have deployed CR Server 2008 with CR 2008 SP1 together on the same machine. Currently CR 2008 SP1 is not supported with CR Server 2008. CR 2008 SP1 would only be supported with CR Server 2008 SP1 which is not released yet.

What a bummer! I don't understand why would you release CR2008 SP1 but not Server SP1 if they don't work together.

Only BO (SAP) can do this!

Oh well it has been fixed by reinstalling everything again.

Many thanks for your kind reply.

Regards

Jehanzeb

Jehanzeb
Crystal Reports 2008
Visual Studio 2008
Informix Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back