Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV9100 with two different SIP trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_infek

Vendor
Aug 24, 2023
US
Hello,

new to this forum and need assistance on registering two SIP trunks to one netlink system.

I am able to register one sip in profile 1 but when adding the second one to profile 1 of the remote, it doesn't seem to work. each sip trunk can be flip flopped and it works when on the main only anything to the remote doesn't work but seems to get registration.

both trunks are authenticated and show registration on the carrier side. I've haven't ever done two sip trunks to one system before so idk if there are any particularities that matters since its netlink but we cannot even get profile 2 of the main when its standalone to register the secondary trunk.

10-68: (92 total)
netlink 1
sip start port 1 number of ports 46
netlink 2
sip start port 47 number of ports 46
10-54:
netlink 1: 132
netlink 2: 131
14-18
trunk 1-46 profile 1 system ID 1
trunk 47-92 profile 2 system ID 2
profile 1 main
10-29-01: checked
10-29-03: ip of sip 1
1-29-05: manual
10-29-06: ip of sip 1
profile 1 remote
10-29-01: checked
10-29-03: ip of sip 2
1-29-05: manual
10-29-06: ip of sip 2
10-36:
profile 1:
registration checked / user id input / authentication user id input / password input
profile 1 remote:
registration checked / user id input / authentication user id input / password input

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Running CP20 13.20.51 software.

We can access the trunk and get dial tone when dialing #9 <trunk number> and then 10 digit TN but then get busy on the non-working trunk.

@BrixStand thanks for responding. it seems similar to what I have already programmed but once I translate it i will give it a shot and respond. been killing myself over this and nec is no help and only wants wireshark but the calls aren't being sent to the sip trunks. they show registration on the carrier side so this is why we get dial tone when accessing the trunk. once 10 digits are dialed we receive a busy from the system side not the carrier.

@BrixStand your guide kind of reads like I need to program the remote first then the primary. The problem with that is, the primary shares its licenses with the remote so if I default both systems again, I would need to make sure the remote gets licensed first otherwise I cannot program anything. The remote for me has an analog station card in it (GCD-8LCF) that doesn't come on line until it receives its licenses from the primary.

Is there a reason why you set profile 1 of the remote (secondary) 10-68 to 17 and 3 ports then refer to the primary programming trunk 20. How many trunks total does your netlink system have?

Thanks for the help. I am not completely following your guide but I have the majority of things programmed.

The part of the Trunk setting that relates to the secondary PBX must be set when connecting to the secondary PBX, which is reflected in the description.
It is also interesting that we have the experience of using profile 1 in both PBXs.
The procedure is important to do as follows:
First, connect both PBXs to the NET link.
Only then can you set up SIP Trunks.
You can connect to the secondary system even after the NETLINK is created.
Of course, in this mode, the secondary system is limited and only a few things can be adjusted, since the primary system controls most things.
In this case, however, it is possible and also important to set part of the configuration to the Secondary system by connecting directly to it, despite the fact that NETLINK is in operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back