Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV9100, one particular IP phone keeps disappearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdave1980

Systems Engineer
Dec 18, 2017
GB
We've got an SV9100 CP10 in one of our customers' sites. They have a number of Ascom i62 wireless handsets which are just set up as generic SIP extensions. Most of them work but one phone in particular keeps dropping off the system. I go into Filter Options, then IP Phone List and make sure that the extension for that phone is selected. I see the extension appear under IP* on the Blades page. I take a download from the system and I see that the extension has appeared on the list of IP phones and disappeared from IP*, which is great. I can see the phone details under SIP Terminal Settings. But a few moments later I take another download from the system and the phone has gone again. I can repeat the process but the same just keeps happening.

I suspect that there may possibly be a license issue of some kind - is anybody able to confirm please if a license shortage would cause the behaviour I've described?

Thanks!

@bigdave1980

The S-Point and T-Point are the licenses used for Loopbacks, or so I believe.

@CoralTech The most recent license purchase of any kind was in 2020 so that would have been the last time the license file was generated and applied to the NEC. I have just done it again now, in case it made any difference, but they are still only licensed up to R2 and none of the other license quantities changed when I compared Feature Activation from before and after.

@OzzieGeorge Thanks for that information. I wasn't aware of that. I'll take a look at the extension ranges. Is it as easy as deleting the existing VoIP extension using WebPro and then setting it up again in one of the gaps in the VoIP extension range? I think one of those gaps is probably the extension I'm trying to get working.

Thanks

Ozzie may be on to something about gaps. You shouldn't have any with VOIP phones.

I think those gaps are extensions which for whatever reason are no longer working, one of which was the extension I was trying to fix. Today I used WebPro to delete that IP extension from station port 249 in the extensions table. Then I went back into PCPro, deleted another non-working extension (it's another DECT handset and I think it's broken or gone missing) from station port 246, and put the extension number of the one I'm trying to fix into that station port instead. So far, fingers crossed, the phone is still connected according to the blades page. I have a DDI pointed directly at it and when I call the number I get ringing tone, but nobody answers (I am assuming that the handset is ringing but I am not present on site and can't verify that myself). If I end the call and dial the number again I get busy tone, and it's a few minutes before I can successfully call the number again. So I have a feeling that something's still not quite right with it, but I'm not sure what. At least it's not still constantly de-registering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back