Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV9100 how to ring a virtual number on a desk phone from an external number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristrim

Systems Engineer
Mar 20, 2023
AU
I have an internal virtual extension on a NEC SV9100 that currently rings on reception phones.

I want to be able to also have a stand-alone phone logged in with that virtual extension number to ring at the same time, and have an external number/extension that can ring it, while still ringing on the reception phones. Whoever picks up the call first takes the call.

How do I do that? Thank you!

You mean like a cell phone or home phone? If that is the came look at mobile extension.

Sorry, let me try that again.

I have a virtual extension 111. When someone calls it, it will show up on a reception phone to be answered.

What we need is the ability to have an external visible number (say extemsiom 1234) to ring when someone calls 111. And also, have a desk phone with the extension 1234 that will also ring at the same time.

I know it's possible to do because we have another virtual extension already setup to do that.

Sounds like mobile extension. Search you tube on the 2100. programs the same.

When you say "external visible number" are you referring to an offsite physical phone or an incoming phone number - say something like 408-555-1234?

To make your virtual ring on an extension, assign an appearance of 111 to a button of your phone in 15-07. Then check the associated box in 15-09 for each mode to make it ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back