Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV9100 Group of phones notification about call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marekgwozdz

Technical User
May 18, 2016
PL
I had in my previous work the funcionality, that when a user don't answer phone, all other phones in his group have notification, and anybody in the group could answer the phone.

Is it possible to have the same funcionality on SV9100? i was looking for this in "Depatment Groups" but can't find.

Thank You.

I have added 5 numbers to "Call Pickup Group" 6.

I have tried to phone to one of the number but had no notification on other phones. I was waiting over an minute.

looking for documention but have no idea how to run this.

These are the conditions and operation,
With Group Call Pickup, a user can intercept the following calls:
 A call ringing the user’s own pickup group
 A call ringing another pickup group when the user knows the group number
 A call ringing another pickup group when the user does not know the group number
Operation
To answer a call ringing another telephone in your Pickup Group:
1. Pick up the handset or press Speaker.
2. At multiline terminal only, press the Group Call Pickup key (Program 15-07 or SC 751: 24).
- OR -
Dial 756 or *#.
Service Code *# can pick up any call in the group, plus any Ring Group calls. Service Code 756
cannot pick up Ring Group calls.
To answer a call ringing a telephone in another Pickup Group when you do not know the group
number:
2. At multiline terminal only, press the Group Call Pickup key (Program 15-07 or SC 751: 25).
- OR -
Dial 769.
To answer a call ringing a telephone in another Pickup Group when you know the group number:
2. At multiline terminal only, press the Group Call Pickup key (Program 15-07 or SC 751: 26 +
group).
- OR -
Dial 768 and the group number (1~9 or 01~64).

Maybe I have lack of knowledge. I am new to this.

I have seen this manual. And As i understand, it isinfo how to answer phone calls in Pickup Group:

"To answer a call ringing another telephone in your Pickup Group: ...... "

Am I right?

But I have no notification that somebody is calling to other phone in Pickup Group. So how can I answer? how could I be noticed that somebody is phoning to another phone i the Pickup group?

Is this an incoming call from the outside to the company or a call ringing a specific phone? If it is a specific phone, then another phone somewhere nearby needs to hear it ring to know to pick it up. Usually unanswered calls go to a voicemail box. If this is from the outside then I would terminate the call to a virtual extension and have it appear on each phone. You can have it delay ring for coverage.

I was testing answerring call from external phones.

The phones here are in different locations so no possible to hear others. I was testing answering from pickup gorup and was working. Even progam the key to answer and also was working, but no notificaion that somebody is calling. And the phone i was answering is far away from others, so no possible to know that somebody is calling.

So I understand that using pickup group is not possible to get notification?

what means "terminate the call"? means to froward?

You can have your incoming calls terminate to a virtual extension. Place that virtual extension on a button on the phones that need to answer it. Have it ring immediately on the first phone and delay ring on the others. It will flash but not ring until a timer is satisfied.
You should, at this point call in your vendor to explain the options and set it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back