Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV9100 DTERM auto-answering on speaker 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdave1980

Systems Engineer
Dec 18, 2017
GB
Hi,

First of all, I know this question has been asked several times previously so apologies, but the solutions that I've seen mentioned under other threads are unfortunately not helping me out this time.

We've got a UK customer (a hotel) who's using an SV9100 purely as an internal telephone system with no external connectivity at all - including no remote access for administration, which is not making things any easier for me.

Anyhow, one of their MLT extensions no longer rings on incoming calls. It just flashes, they say, and it answers directly to the speakerphone. I suspected that somebody had probably dialled a service code accidentally and set the phone to Voice answering for intercom calls. All the documentation and threads I could find suggest that the following are the relevant service codes to use for this:

Spkr + 721 = Voice (answer on speaker)
Spkr + 723 = Signal (ring)

So I've had them try Spkr followed by 723 and all they get is a fast beeping error tone, which I'd usually associate with somebody trying to dial a restricted number. I had expected it to display "Signal" or similar, but they told me that there was no message on the screen.

I know that sometimes we set the systems up with * in front of the service codes so I had them try Spkr *723, and it came back with the "Vacant Number" message.

It's a long shot of course, but is there anything else I can have them try please? I have no remote access to this system, it's several hundred miles away from where I am so I'm a bit stuck.

Thanks!

Thats funny, my features and specs manual says use 712 to toggle between voice or signal calling!
voice_call_nekm1g.png

But then I am in OZ!

@OzzieGeorge Indeed, I've noticed in the past that some of the service codes do vary between different regions.

@CoralTech One of my colleagues has told me that the end user has already tried entering 823, and according to their notes the display did come up saying "Signalling". To me that means it should be working as anticipated now, or they tried 823 on the wrong handset. Last time I spoke to them they said the phone still wasn't ringing, and was still auto-answering on the speaker. I will ask them to try it again for me and I'll report back here shortly.

Thanks

I've just spoken to the end users again and had them press Speaker 823 Speaker on the phone, and it beeped once and said "Signal" or "Signalling" (not 100% sure) on screen. I had them test it by making a call to 0 (zero for hotel reception) and it still didn't ring, it just flashed. I had them call it via its extension number 1001 and the same happened, it just flashed. I had them press "up" button to increase the ringer volume whilst it was flashing, and they said that it already appears to be set to maximum volume.

It's looking like we might need to actually go there and have a look at it since we have no access to the system, but it's a 500 mile drive from where I am and would take about 8 hours to get there so I'm trying to avoid that hopefully.

Thanks all

@CoralTech Yes that's done it, thanks for that. We tried getting them to disable headset ringing by entering a service code previously and it didn't seem to make any difference, but I think they either did it wrong or they toggled it off and back on again maybe. It seems to have been a combination of the phone being set to ring on speaker (823 cancelled that) and headset ringing being activated. Anyway, it's working ok now.

Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back