Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV9100 CP20 Lost Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

conxtel

Technical User
May 12, 2014
CA
I have been working on NEC systems for over 30 years and this is the first time I have seen this.

Customer called and said they couldn't call out, incoming calls (PRI) were all ringing to reception and they couldn't call station to station.

They have four digit extensions and the system would return a busy a signal after the third digit. I checked 11-01 and everything had returned to default. Everything in 11-02 and 11-04 appears ok (thankfully - system has over 200 extensions). All the department group pilot numbers were gone and it defaulted all the codes in 11-10 through 11-16.

Nothing else on the system seems to have changed for now. System has Netlink and IP-CCIS and that all appears to be unaffected. Just seems really odd that the numbering plan was the only thing messed up. It has me nervous that something else may be going on to cause it, and who knows what other things have changed. I have a backup from a few weeks ago and another from today when it wasn't working. Is there a tool to compare the databases for differences or will a person have to go section by section in PcPro to compare them?

Anybody have sections of programming just disappear?

In PCPRO, go to Home menu, Verify, select File to File to compare. It's useful for you!

What I have noticed a couple times this has happened was a power issue of some kind. Like they had surges or lost power for a long time got power then lost it again fairly quickly. This is why we make backups.

Hello conxtel,

I'm not sure if it's related, but on SL2100 systems, if the alarm logs show "Memory Backup Bat." and the site experiences power fluctuations, sections of the programming will go into default.

Also, on a few SV9100s, I have witnessed sections of the programming going into default after a DoS or "SIP Vicious" attack.

Thanks Sinjisn, that helped. There were a few other sections impacted as well.

Nothing in alarm logs and very glad to have a recent backup.

Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back