Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV9100 CP20, how do I tell it which ports will be mobile extensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdave1980

Systems Engineer
Dec 18, 2017
GB
Hi all,

On an SV9100, how do you go about telling it certain ports are going to be mobile extensions please? A colleague has asked me and I cannot find the answer. I've tried searching the manual for it but couldn't find where it actually says how you go about telling a brand new SV9100 install which ports you want to use for mobile extension. I had a feeling there was a form somewhere that would be used to specify the starting port and specify how many ports to assign, but I can't find it. Or are there some ports which are used as mobile extensions by default and then adding more virtual extension licenses just increases that range?

Thanks

What are you using to program WebPro or PCPro? This is all over youtube for the 2100 and well documented on ntac and/or necanytime.

1 Available Resource lic
2 Extension number that isn't associated with a "port" on a card or IP.
3 15-22? Define it as a mobile ext
4 Assign that mobile extension a speed dial bin
5 Program that speed dial bin

Note that in Web Pro you might need to log out and in for the Mobile extension to show.

Thanks @CoralTech.

Thanks for replying. I'm using PCPro but can also go via WebPro if necessary. It's the 15-22 bit that I don't understand. You mentioned in step 3 to define it as a mobile extension, but I can't see how. All the system's extension ports are in 15-22 in a drop-down menu, and there doesn't seem to be any option to specifically make any given extension a mobile extension or not. In the case of the particular SV9100 I am working on right now the mobile extensions already exist. I'm familiar with the process of assigning them a speed dial bin etc. But what I don't understand is, say with a brand new SV9100 out the box, how I tell it to use extension ports xxx to yyy as mobile extensions. Or is it a case of just assigning it a speed dial target in 15-22 is enough for the SV9100 to know that it is a mobile extension and show it as one on the "Blades" page, under the Telephones section, where they appear as Mobile*.

You add a speed dial bin number and I usually turn off confirmation. Log out and back in. I usually make it the same as ext number but whatever. PCPro filter option mobile extensions. Pretty straight forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back