Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV9100 audio output to PA system (Valcom) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank_And_Beans

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2018
US
Hello,

As mentioned, we have an SV9100 and it is connected to our Valcom PA system. The Valcom system is for bells, events, announcements, etc. It works great but we noticed that the volume level when paging from the SV9100 system/NEC handsets that the volume is much lower than the bells and other audio events. If we increase the volume of the speakers/clocks, it is too loud for bells and audio events. I'm curious if there is a way to increase the volume output of the SV9100 port that is connecting to the Valcom server? I am pretty sure the interface is a port on the GCD-COT4 (Trk: 025~028) card. I say that because when I program a line key (15-07) to access/initialize the Valcom system, I program *01 - Trunk Key = 28.

My backup option is to try and use an in-line amplifier but that is a shot in the dark...

Thank you!

What VALCOM are you using? Normally you don't use trunk ports to page unless it's multizone. Normally a paging amp will have a TEL input and a volume control for that.

You should be able to affect transmit volume on your paging trunk with 14-01-02.

Hi Gents, sorry for the delayed response. I was traveling for work and not following my emails.

OldNECguy, 14-01-02 worked to increase it. Unfortunately we hit the max (57). Are there any other ways to increase it beyond 14-01-02 for the trunk?

CoralTech, I wasn't part of the installation/configuration of Valcom to the NEC system so I can't critique if they did it right or used a make-shift solution. We have an IP6000 Application Server Pro and then various PA (8001/8002 devices for external PA speakers) and internal clocks (VL520BK-F).

Thanks guys!

Trunk ports by their nature are not amplified and the NEC (or anyone else) does not provide the voltage. I would imaging the increase in volume is not a lot. I assume the Valcom provides trunk battery (it should) so that it works properly. You should check to see if there IS a battery switch and it's on and check it with a meter. If this thing isn't putting voltage out it may be looking for a page port off the NEC of which you have one on the processor OR you can get a paging adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back