Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8500 - Call forward an incoming ISDN call with Original CPN to destination PSTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

peporter

MIS
Mar 26, 2009
US
I receive incoming calls via our ISDN PRI's, that are transferred to an extension via an auto attendant (UM8500), the destination extension is call forwarded off site to a PSTN phone number via our ISDN PRI's. When the call is forwarded off site, it passes to the destination PSTN phone number my local BTN vice the Original caller ID (CPN). I would like the destination PSTN number to receive the Original Call ID )(CPN) vice my BTN. Has any one resolved this issue?? My system is the NEC SV8500 release S7.

Phillip E. Porter
Senior Systems Engineer
Telecommunication Solutions Group, Inc. (TSG)

Hi Phillip, Have you solved this issue? I work for a Telco CO and one of my customers is having this same issue. He keeps complaining there is a misconfiguration al the CO. I am sure this is an issue at his PBX, but he can't find the solution to it. I really want to get this fixed. Any findings will be appreciated, Thanks.

From What I understand and am waiting for is a Telco feature called Redirect Number that Telco needs to activate - there is a one time charge for setup of this feature only. Then proceed with the following if needed.

NEC SV8500
Check the ASYDL setting to confirm index 1024 is set to 01.
If not, you will need to set Index 1024 to 01.
0 Calling Party Number for Tandem NI2/Nortel/AT&T type PRI 0 / 1 = Out of Service / In Service R24 ISDN
1 ACPNCL/N Expansion (Common Rt.1) 0 / 1 = Out of Service / In Service NOTE 1 R25e ISDN
2 ACPNCL digits to be sent on outgoing tandem AT&T, NI2 and Nortel routes 0 / 1 = In Service / Out of Service R26 ISDN
1024 3

There are no further ASYD/ASYDL changes necessary once the above is confirmed and/or set.
Create 2 virtual numbers and call forward no answer to the VCL.
Create UCD group with both of the numbers created above.
Change call forwarding no answer timer in ADAI for 2 virtual numbers created above.
(CDN 6 thru 11 make a 1 to cover all call forwarding no answer scenarios)
Above steps are all that are necessary to pass caller ID.

The local LEC may block caller ID. Called ID may be passed by LD carrier, i.e. CenturyLink.
Call Scenario
Call comes into Main Number of Medical Center and answered by the Auto Attendant

For VCL, press specific option. Call processor sends to a UCD group.

Call forward no answer will send caller to VCL with their specific caller ID.

UCD group will eliminate the need to create more than two numbers. If there is a situation where more than two calls hit the auto attendant and press the VCL at the exact same time, they will be placed in queue with the UCD group.

Phillip E. Porter
Senior Systems Engineer

Thanks for the info. The feature you are mentioning is already turned on. "The caller ID delivered for a forwarded call identifies the original caller" In this case, he has two ISDNs, so the call is made to a DID. The DIDs by definition do not make outgoing calls. All the outgoing calls are made by the ISDN Trunk, so this CO feature does not apply in this case, unless there is Call Forward being made to the pilot PBX at the CO, and as a result, the original caller ID will be transferred, but will not get any DID call at his premises, all of his calls will be transferred as well.

I am still waiting for the GOV to approve the activation of Telecom feature Redirect Number, So it has not yet been resolved here or been tested as of yet to determine if this resolves my issue.

Phillip E. Porter
Senior Systems Engineer

Thanks! I am in the same situation and have had the Gov submit the call screening release needed for this but was still not successful. Local carrier says that sv8500 is sending redirected number out as calling party number and that fails telco's call screening and thus reverts to main hospital number. I was able to verify this using ISMC and also had telco perform call trap. Problem is telco says they can't remove call screening requirement from GTD-5 switch and sv8500 doesn't appear to support redirected number element. Time to find a plan B.

Really - that is not good news no doubt. Are you performing this feature for a VAMC IRT Veterans Crisis Lines ???

Phillip E. Porter
Senior Systems Engineer

The good news was if your not on a GTD-5 switch it appears removing the call screening at the CO make the redirect work fine(using the settings you posted), as I have verified with several locations that are working.

I understand, I need to check with VISN and see if they have approved the activation of this feature and set it up again and attempt it.

Phillip E. Porter
Senior Systems Engineer

I have resolved this issue and closing this instance. Everything is working normally.

Phillip E. Porter
Senior Systems Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back