Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8300 DID Number Forward 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ths0210

IS-IT--Management
Nov 24, 2015
US
Where in the SV8300 is the setup for the DID numbers forwarding to extension?

Example: XXX-XXX-XXXX to extension XXXX

Thanks.

Thank You! I couldn't remember where it was.

Just a subtle point here, Cmd 76xx isn't actually a forward, it is a digit translation. With a forward, the original number is preserved so that (for example) if the call ends up at a voicemail port, it is processed according to the original number. With digit translation, the original number is discarded and the call is then processed as if it came in originally for the new number.

If you only want a forward, set the number up as a virtual in Cmd 11 and then forward the number using Cmd E6XX.

I'm in CM76 creating documentation of all our DID numbers and where they go.

What I'm doing is going through YY=99 and starting with 0 to grak the DID number and the Conversion Block Number. Is there a way to easily list all the numbers instead of individually going through each one?

You can also write your own scripts to get this information or use a mix of list ups and writing your own to get more concise information. For example do a list up of commands 10 and 11 to get all the extensions then use that list to write a custom list up of Command 7600 which will give you all the patterns used and then use the list of patterns to create a list up of what those patterns are set to in commands 7601, 7602,7603 etc. You can then bring all the information gained together using Excel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back