Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8100 Voicemail Integration Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared R

Technical User
Jun 25, 2017
US
Hello everyone! I now have another question regarding my NEC SV8100 phone system regarding the voicemail integration portion of the phone system. Again, with my lack of knowledge of this type of phone system as it is one I have never worked on before but I’m hoping to learn more about it, how do you set up the voicemail so that when you dial the voicemail pilot extension, it will pick up? Right now when I dial it, it is just a busy tone so I’m not sure what program settings I need to configure in order to make it work. Also please note that at the moment I do not have a CF chip inserted into the front of the SV8100 so that may be a cause of why it’s not working I assume but I’m not sure if there is a way to make it work without the chip? Any advice or information would be great! Thank you in advance!

The SV8100 system had 2 VM options. The InMail (CF chip plugged into the CPU) or the VM blade plugged into a card slot. Which do you have?

I have the InMail setup but I currently do not have the CF chip at the moment. I’m hoping to get my hands on one soon.

Before trying to buy a CF card, check you have the necessary licenses.

I just inserted my 64 hour VM8000 InMail CF chip that I received today. I also checked my SV8100 licenses; I have 4 InMails, 512 VM Box Users, 1 InMail Email Notification, & 16 InMail Email Clients. If I may ask because of my lack of knowledge on this type of system, what would be my next step in order to enable my InMail voice mail system and make it functional with the programming? Thanks!

Now that I got the voicemail working, my last question is does anyone have a specific manual or a document explaining the programming of Park & Page? Thanks again!

Ok so cograts on getting the VM working but I would recommend opening a different thread on the new question to get a broader response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back