Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8100 Off-hook Busy Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

norulez43

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2006
US
Someone has brought up a strange issue to me that initially confused me. Let me lay out what is going on so it makes sense:
Caller A is on a phone conversation (phone is off hook obviously)
Caller B calls Caller A and gets an audible busy signal/ring tone letting them know that caller A is on a call

What has been brought to my attention is that this is only happening this way if the call that Caller A is on is an extension to extension (internal) call. If Caller A is talking to someone outside of the office, and Caller B calls them, the phone just rings and Caller B has no idea that Caller A is on a call (no audible busy signal).

Is there a programming setting somewhere for off-hook signaling to differentiate these two circumstances? What we'd like is for the busy signal to occur whether Caller A is on an internal call or an external call. I hope I haven't confused everyone.

When caller B hears the ring, what does busy caller A see/hear?
If A has no idea B is calling, I would check the forwarding conditions.

Caller A gets an audible beep letting them know someone is calling. The problem we've ran into is that caller B has no idea that caller A is on the phone so they let it ring and it annoys caller A with all the beeping. They were assuming the person was just being rude until we figured out what was going on.

Hi

the beeping on Caller A's phone when Caller B is ringing A is off Hook signalling and can be disabled in:
15-02-12 CHange this to "muted off hook ringing" or "no off hook ringing"

As for Caller B not knowing that caller A is on the phone this can also be disabled by going to:

24-02-01 and un-ticking the box, if the customer is using Voicemail this can become a slight problem, as this needs to be enabled for overflows to VM to work correctly

Hope this helps

Installations/Faults Engineer

NEC - SV8100/SL1100/ASPIRE/XN120/DXE
Panasonic - NCP/TDE/TDA/TD/TEA
Nortel - BCM50
MyCalls/Call Recording
Hosted/SIP Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back