Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8100 inmail utility to reset / erase all voicemails and settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjsgci

IS-IT--Management
Nov 26, 2013
US
thread937-1789168

I see this was asked a few years ago, but is there any way to get ahold of the inmail utility for sv8100? I have an 8100 system I'd like to donate to a nonprofit, but I need to erase any voicemails that may have been on it. Don't have a current NEC reseller I work with. Unless there is another way to do this, other than going though every extension one by one and deleting messages.

Thanks.

I have the utility, however I can only get it to you through an email using dropbox. It also is not WIN10 friendly. You have to boot up in safe mode to load the driver.

Hmm, I don't see a way on this forum to send a private message, and I see they don't like posting email addresses. Suggestion?

I also have the utility for SL1100 that I have a couple to donate, and it also needs Windows 7 or older. I was able to find a Windows 7 laptop I had sitting around, and a USB CompactFlash card reader, so I thought I was all set on those, but when I run the utility all I get is "Error: Formatting failed" when I try to initialize the card. Not sure where to go from there, and not sure if I'll have the same issue on the SV8100 utility.

If I format the card in Windows, do you know if that will that make it unusable for whoever gets the donated equipment?

Belevedere - It turns out My Windows 7 laptop was 64 bit, and the SLinmail utility needs 32 bit. I was able to come up with a laptop running Windows XP that was set aside and on that the utility worked great to initialize the CF card.

So, if there is a way I can get the 8100 utility from you I'd really appreciate it. Could you send a link to

rjs.techlists at gmail.com

Thanks.

Got it. Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back