Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8100 CFBNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

idahomitel

Technical User
Jul 10, 2006
US
I have 24-09 set for pilot of hunt for CFBNA for 3 phones. They go to the main greeting instead of their personal mbox. Going by customer's word here.

Ok, first question what is the configuration? I see 4 phones how many POTS lines..4?

What are you trying to accomplish? IE. What do you want the system to actually do and/or function?

Initially just forward line 1 externally at night. I accomplished that by forwarding ext. 101. Since that, customer said line 2 wasn't ringing 102, and line 3 wasn't ringing 103. They blink, not ring.

In MB 22-02, CO's 1,2,4 are set to normal, however there are no extensions listed in rg 1, therefore no ext's will ring.
CO 3 is set to DIL in mode 1 (day) going to x103
At night, mode 2, CO 1,2,3 are DIL to 101,200,103. CO 4 is normal, to RG 1, with no ext's listed.
If not answered, CO's 1-3 are set to go to AA, however, the timer in 22-01-04 is set to 0,therefore they will not go to AA, but continue to ring either the DIL locations, or nowhere because no ext's are listed in 22-04

List clearly what you want CO's 1-4 to do in the day VS. night.

Thank you for responding. Ideally:
CO1-ring 101 day, 101 night
CO2-ring 102 day, 200 night
CO3-ring 103 day and night
CO 4 is not used.

If I have 101, 102, and 103 in ring group 1,and set 101 to call forward no answer to the external number, will that work? I thought there was a conflict with ext's in a ring group and external fwd.

Extensions in a ring group will not follow individual call forwarding. Set it to overflow to AA. Set the dial action table time out to go to x101, then it will follow the forwarding of x 101. If you want it to just take a message for x 101, then set to time out to rec1, 101. It will play 101's greeting then take a message. Rec2 will just take a message. Record 1/2 sec of silence on the routing box to avoid the default greeting, or record something you want a caller to hear before sending the call to x 101.

Could I just take 101 out of the ring group to accomplish CF external and leave 102 and 103 in?

I'm not getting or understanding the application for this. So you are assigning 1 POTS line to each extension? You do realize that the system will seize one of the other lines to call forward thus breaking this. Not only that but you are defeating the point of a phone system and pooled trunks. Am I missing something?

I am simply trying to accommodate the customer's request. It's a small business in Yellowstone Park that takes people on tours of the park. Since the park is closed, they have cut back staff, and would like the main number to forward to one of their other travel booking shops. It's ok that line 2 is used to forward. No one is there, except occasionally to check messages for ext. 103, which actually has it's own business in the same office. Sorry to blow your mind!

In this case you would be better served using the auto attendant and have people make choices to where they want to go. This would eliminate 99% of the issues. Leave the lines in one hunt group this sway you utilize all your resources. I mean in all seriousness in this particular case you might be better served just forwarding each line at the CO level. Without DID/SIP or even remote IP phones/MLC clients doing call forwarding through the system if you take 2 calls is going to cause nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back