Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8100 Call forwarding at night 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas VIII

Programmer
Jun 18, 2018
US
I have a site that would like their system call forwarded when the system goes into nights to a cell phone when someone calls their main number.
The system is already programmed for manual night mode on the attendants phone. I just don't know where the phone numbers are programmed for night.

I think you should have to program call forward settings with separate function key.
15_07 for Function key setting program,
Select a function key by arrow keys and,
Function Number 10 for call forward - immediate,
Additional Data = Mobile number with trunk access code.

Set the trunks up as DIL in MB 22-02 for mode 2 (night). Set the DIL destination to a virtual extension (200-250) in MB 22-07. Set the virtual extension to call forward all (immediate) in MB 24-09, items 2-5 to 9 + your phone number. Place a night key on a phone MB 15-07, option 0, (follow setting in MB 12-08).

Thanks belevedere. I will try this. Is there any way to get you the. .pcp backup of this program to you to see how they currently have it? They way i read it, they use a virtual ext forwarded to the cell phone but the main number goes to a the auto attendant. I'm not quite sure though.

Often the night destination is a virtual that is call forwarded to the voicemail, you can change that forwarding from any handset using the correct code, It may be different in the US to Aus but from memory it is possibly 790 (Belvedere may be able to help here) I usually advise the customer to use this technique to forward calls to a mobile as it is also easy to set it back if needed.

I will post tomorrow on how to find the current destination for calls in night mode but we need to know if your lines are DIDs or just DILs (can you dial directly to a person's extension number or do you just have seperate line numbers?)

So it turns out the phone number I need to forward from is a DID number off of a PRI. Currently, the number is pointing to a VN in the system. I am not sure where to go with this now. There is no actual trunk port to use.
The DID with the correct received number is pointing to 4303 VN. In program 24 09 I programmed 4303 to call forward to VN 4305 which has the cell phone programmed to it. Now when the main line is called, after 4 rings it will go to the cell phone, but this is 24/7 not just night.

You need to look at the DID translation tables and the cut off between day and night mode.
In 22-10, the first area start and end tables do not follow mode switching. The second area does.
EX:22-10 f1rst area 01, 1 to 100, second area 101 to 200, 02 1 to 100, second area 201 to 300.
22-13, 01 set mode 1 to 1, set mode 2 to 2, etc.
22-11 tables 1 to 100 are used for FAX and personal DID's that do not follow mode switching.
Tables 101 to 200 follow day mode (1)
Tables 201 to 300 follow night mode (2)
Set table 101 with your incoming number for day mode routing.
Set table 201 with your incoming number to VE 4305, set to CFA to the outside number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back