Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8100 Automatic Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadenleew

Vendor
Sep 10, 2013
PH
Hi there. I am just new here. I am a PABX engineer and this is my first job. Please help me with this one. Our client is asking automatic shutdown of NEC SV8100 when temperature reaches its threshold.
For example, if normal temperature for SV8100 is range from 27-30 C and the threshold is like 40 C.
When heat rises and reaches 40 C, SV8100 will automatically shutdown to prevent excessive heat or fire.
Appreciate your response. Hope you encounter this already. I have asked NEC support for this one but they can't give me the answer. Also please let me know if there is none.

Thanks in advance.

There is no such feature in the system. However you might research external UPS systems that may offer such a feature.

The product you're looking for is the APC NetBotz, probably; after all there's little point monitoring only the SV8100, as I suppose a customer requesting such a safety feature also has many other pieces of equipment in the comms/data room.

This will ensure complete room monitoring, and much more (if you want) than temeperature threshold. There are ample notification options to get informations about rising values, or of immediate threats like flooding (not so unusual... even in major urban areas!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back