Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SUS storage location

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCNI

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2003
US
I would like to have SUS place all downloaded updates to drive "D". How would I direct them to drive "D"?

Mike Jones, A+ MCSE
Systems Engineer/Owner
CCNI

To select the location where packages reside
On the Set Options tab of the Software Update Services page, select Maintain the updates on a Microsoft Windows Updates server. Click Save the updates to a local folder.
Select the check box next to each language that you want to support.

When locally hosting updates, you can add or remove supported languages at any time.

If you change the list of locales, synchronize immediately to ensure that the appropriate packages for the additional locales are downloaded. Similarly, if you modify your server running the SUS configuration from Maintain the updates on a Microsoft Windows Update server to Save the updates to a local folder, immediately perform a synchronization to download the necessary packages.

dholt,

Thanks for trying but you haven't told me anything I don't already know. What I want to do is manually direct which drive on the server where the updates will be stored.

Mike Jones, A+ MCSE
Systems Engineer/Owner
CCNI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back