Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SUS Install Rights? Whats Needed? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfarid

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2004
US
Hello Everyone,

I have a simple question that I could not find the answer to. I have SUS running on my domain. Do the users who log into the domain need admin rights on the local machine in order for the update to install or will user rights be good?

I thank you for your response.

Big L

Have you applied the SUS settings via GPO or Registry? If so, then your users don't even need to be logged on. Your users do not need to be Admin or Power User for SUS to work. I'd have SUS set for a 3AM deployment. Tell your users to make sure they log off at night.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Thats great information Thanks, I was not sure and mircrosoft does not make that clear. I am using it thru GPO.

Thanks again

I've been working with the WUS Beta (SUS 2) and when it is finally released you will want to go with it. Gives the option to patch Office apps too!

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back