Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SUS - 2000 Clients Not Updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

enbw

Technical User
Mar 13, 2003
Hi,

I need a little help. I have a SUS Server(2000) setup with 2000(SP4) and XP(SP1) Clients. I have a GPO for the computers and the group policy is being applied to local machines, checked via gpresult and rsop.msc. The problem is that the XP clients are checking the SUS server but the 2000 clients are not doing anything. Looking at the logs they are not even attempting to check the sus server.

Any advice would be gratefully received?

you need to install the latest windows update client on 2k machines, you can push it out via gp.

Have you checked your 2K clients that the auto update service is started?

I would run gpresult on a client to make sure the GPO that you have SUS configured has been loaded.

Thanks for the advice.

It seemed the problem lay with the account which the SUS server was using. This has been solved. Everything seems to be working now. Fingers crossed.

Another minor error, an oversight on my part, was if the clients are using dns suffixes which are not part of the domain if will obviously cause probs.

Thanks once again.

Hi enbw,

What was the problem with the Account that the SUS server was using? You said you had solved the problem but what did you have to do to solve it? Was it certain permissions on the Account? I'm having the same problem as you were having. XP machines are updating OK, but W2K machines aren't updating at all.

Thanks.

Troy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back