Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Surpressing duplicates

Status
Not open for further replies.

grecon

Technical User
Mar 8, 2007
US
Hi I have a report that shows customers with their phones numbers and invoices. I am surpressing the duplicate phone numbers but I also want to only have them show once. In other words if there are 5 invoices I only wnat the phone numbers to show for the first invoice not all five. Anyone know how I can acomplish this?

If I'm understanding you correctly, right click on the phone number field and select Format Field. On the Common tab there is a checkbox for Suppress if Duplicated.

I did that but it is still repeating for each individual invoice and I don't want that I just want a customers phone number to show once.

I wonder where the phone number is being displayed--what report section? And are you grouping on some field (invoice?) that is causing the field to populate again?

-LB

I have the phone number as a subrepot since that is the only way to get it in the report due to linking. I am grouping on Customer Name and everything is in the detail section So the output is Customer Name with the phone number under that / Invoice # / an so on but every time there is a different invoice # it repeats the phone number.

Why not place the customer name and the subreport in the customer group header?

If you must keep this format, with the sub in the detail section, create a running total that does a count of customer ID or any recurring field, and resets on change of group (customer ID). Then you can format the subreport to suppress using a conditional formula:

{#runningtotal} > 1

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back