Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Surestore 2000 or 5000 connection to a Solaris Sun 4.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hchrmike

MIS
Aug 31, 1998
US
... Has anyone made a successful attempt at installing, configuring the kernel, and working with the HP Surestore 2000 or 5000 tape drives off a Solaris workstation running SunOS 4.1.x?...

visited the HP site and downloaded the configuration info from their tech support area... the system pulls up fine and initially recognizes the tape drive.... but any command issued to the drive comes back with a system prompt "invalid drive or tape not loaded"... Sunview/Sundiags produces a response indicating the drive is of uknown origin....

...so.... anyone else have anything to add or a solution to provide?....

...just me again...cancel the request... found the answer.... thanks if anyone was trying....

Hey HCHRMIKE (MIS), read the threads regarding the HP Surestore installation on Solaris. Can you help me do the same thing with my Solaris and HP, kindly help me by sending me the procedures you made. I really woukd appreciate your help on this and hope that I can return the same favor to you!!!

Thanks Bud :)

Could you let me know how you got it to work?

Thanks

James Wiley
Wiley@Tarleton.edu

Anyone using Solaris 8 and SureStore 2000 ?
How do I set it up running ?

Regards
Ståle Idland
Norway

We have an HP SureStore 2000 running on Solaris 8 2/02 here at my office. The resident UNIX guru isn't in right now but I will contact him as soon as he gets in and find out what has to be done to use it. I am pretty sure it is simply just, after booting to single user mode, scsi probe-all.
Email me at dmuenzel[AT]northropgrumman[DOT]com and reference this thread with a link to remind me and so I can post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back